1. Foundation for Developmental Disabilities Request for Proposals
FDD RFP Cycle VII 2018/2019 – The 2018/2019 Foundation for Developmental Disabilities (FDD) Request for Proposal (RFP) Cycle VII Program is now open with $180,000 in the budget for this year’s project. Areas of priority are: Housing, Employment, Transportation and/or Family Support Services.
The Foundation will be accepting proposals until noon on March 6, 2019. Complete information and application pdf is available at www.FoundationforDD.org. Click on PROGRAMS tab and then scroll to the RFP link at the bottom of the page. There is also a link to download a pdf application form.
2. Local Partnership Agreement (LPA) – The California Department of Education, California Department of Rehabilitation, and the California Department of Developmental Services, issued the California Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint. This Blueprint is a five-year initiative that is the result of the commitment between the three departments to provide opportunities for Californians with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (ID/DD), regardless of the severity of their disability, to prepare for and participate in competitive integrated employment.
Local Partnership Agreements between regional centers, local Department of Rehabilitation Districts, and LEA/school districts incorporate strategies for collaboration and coordinated service delivery to transition-aged youth who are leaving school for competitive wage employment in the local communities. Individuals with ID/DD are connected with community resources and appropriate services and supports from transition to adulthood, including benefits planning to encourage employment.
The San Diego Local Partnership Agreement can be found here.
3. Join the Provider Network – DDPN Form
4. DDS Safety Network – The DDS Safety Net Website – Helping assure clients with developmental disabilities are safe and healthy.
5. Home & Community Based Services Compliance Activities Funding – Everyone who receives, or provides, Home and Community Based Services may be affected by the new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services rules. Funding is available to help service providers meet these new requirements, before the implementation deadline of March 17, 2022.
DDS information regarding the funding process by fiscal year is available.