1. Foundation for Developmental Disabilities Request for Proposals
FDD RFP Cycle VII 2018/2019 – The 2018/2019 Foundation for Developmental Disabilities (FDD) Request for Proposal (RFP) Cycle VII Program is now open with $180,000 in the budget for this year’s project. Areas of priority are: Housing, Employment, Transportation and/or Family Support Services.
The Foundation will be accepting proposals until noon on March 6, 2019. Complete information and application pdf is available at www.FoundationforDD.org. Click on PROGRAMS tab and then scroll to the RFP link at the bottom of the page. There is also a link to download a pdf application form.
2. Local Partnership Agreement (LPA) – The California Department of Education, California Department of Rehabilitation, and the California Department of Developmental Services, issued the California Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint. This Blueprint is a five-year initiative that is the result of the commitment between the three departments to provide opportunities for Californians with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (ID/DD), regardless of the severity of their disability, to prepare for and participate in competitive integrated employment.
Local Partnership Agreements between regional centers, local Department of Rehabilitation Districts, and LEA/school districts incorporate strategies for collaboration and coordinated service delivery to transition-aged youth who are leaving school for competitive wage employment in the local communities. Individuals with ID/DD are connected with community resources and appropriate services and supports from transition to adulthood, including benefits planning to encourage employment.
The San Diego Local Partnership Agreement can be found here.
3. Join the Provider Network – DDPN Form
4. DDS Safety Network – The DDS Safety Net Website – Helping assure clients with developmental disabilities are safe and healthy.
5. Home & Community Based Services – In recognition that some service providers will need to take steps towards modifying their services, the 2019 enacted budget contains $15 million to fund changes that are necessary for providers to come into compliance with the HCBS rules by March 2022.
Grant Cycle Fiscal Year 2019-20 Information as follows:
- 11/06/2019 at 1:00 – 2:00 PM (click here to register)
Short discussion schedules for 11/8/2019 10:00 – 12:00 PM at SDRC Boardroom to discuss the webinars.
- Provider Concepts Submission by November 22, 2019 5:00 PM SHARP to email@example.com
- Regional Center Submission to DDS by December 13, 2019
- DDS reviews submissions from December 16 – February 21, 2020
- Notification of Selected Concepts by February 21, 2020